inkl. MwSt. ggf. zzgl. BPM Versandkosten
Lieferzeit ca. 5 Werktage
- Artikel-Nr.: ST.4002
SDM BOOM HEAD
SDM specific aluminum boom head, the most solid connection between your mast and your boom. No loss of power or control from looseness or stretching plastic
SDM specific aluminum boom head, the most solid connection between your mast and your boom. No loss of power or control from looseness or stretching plastic. Top performance as you can become one with your rig. This is an aftermarket boom head that is lighter and stiffer than anything else on the market, and now it’s easier to adjust. The new head from Streamlined will fit a variety of different booms from Neil Pryde, Maui Sails, Simmer, Chinook, Aeron. The new integrated cleat and lever design, combined with Dyneema rope, make it easy to get your inhaul line adjusted to your mast diameter. Use this head with standard diameter masts (SDM) or pair with an RDM shim to use on reduced diameter masts.
“Nearly 15 years ago, we introduced our very unique, out of the box design, alloy built, “Strap-on Boom Head”. It is light and strong and has changed the game when it comes to boom heads. The sensation of an absolute solid boom/mast connection has raised all rig performance. Since 2 years now, we have introduced our new version, “The Dyneema Boom Head” design. This new design was conceived by Yves Kohler of MB-Fins in Switzerland. Yves shared his concept with us and together we developed the changes to the existing Strap-on design. The primary difference is that this new design incorporates two Dyneema lines instead of the straps to hold the head onto the mast. Each lever has a cast-in cleat so you simply put the line loop around the mast onto the other side of the head, pull the knot to cinch it up. Then cleat the line into the open lever and then shut the lever. Dyneema is amazing rope known as the best down-haul line available. It is actually named “Super Down-haul” because of its strength, non-stretch, long wearing, reduced friction, and excellent cleating. The Dyneema Boom Head” design attaches and adjusts to your mast quickly and tightly, it is easy to use. The Dyneema boom head lines are simple to change when the time comes [an old down-haul line can make two new head lines].”
Standard features of Streamlined alloy boom heads past and future:
- There are two models, one for SDM (blue) and one for RDM (red).
- Light weight, super strong cast aluminum, machined and anodized frame. Our alloy heads start stiff and stay stiff unlike heavy plastic parts that flex more and more and eventually crack.
- Hi tech urethane bushings protect and cushion your carbon boom and mast.
- Inherent excellent design spreads the load on both the boom and mast and virtually eliminates breakage at their intersection.
- The Streamlined Dyneema Boom Heads weigh only 394 grams which is under 14 ounces.
- Our heads are easy to install onto your boom with four screws and nuts and one too (hex wrench which is included). Both the SDM and RDM heads can be fitted onto any boom that has a straight and round section at the head area that is 10.5 centimeters or 4 1/8″ wide.